Our natural world is truly AMAZING! If you don’t agree, take a look at this Wikipedia page about “Patterns in Nature.” I am seriously in awe. I feel like everything in life is based off of some pattern, yet everything is such a unique instance of any pattern that ever happened before. The truth is, nature is both always and never unique at the same time. I can’t think of an organism, rock, person, or plant that doesn’t have another one that looks just like it … but I also can’t think of anything that has an exact match or copy of it. The world we live in is made up of a bunch of repeating parts and patterns, and each one is different! To me, that is awesome. And I hope it is to you, too.
Welcome to my new blog, Natural Patterns. I’m going to try and point out all of the patterns that we find in our every day lives, past, present, and future. I’m also going to connect this concept to the bigger picture that we have no control over these repeating patterns – it is a fact of life. When you learn to accept, and even admire, the natural cycle, fluctuations, and fractal patterns in life, you can set yourself free. In the end, I hope that instead of trying to control your life and others, realize that we are all on this crazy ride together and the best way to live it is to enjoy it while it lasts – because in the end, it is infinite!
- Schneider On Nature’s Patterns (synergytutoring.wordpress.com)
- Nature, Fractals, and Jackson Pollock (visualpast.wordpress.com)
- Patterns in Technology and Nature (oatmealenthusiast.wordpress.com)
- Living in Fractals (janstoneblog.wordpress.com)
- 8 TED Talks about the wonders of patterns (ted.com)
- Evolution of Forms in Nature: Fractal Exploration (ourhouseisourworld.wordpress.com)
- Earth’s Most Stunning Natural Fractal Patters (wired.com)